Consumer expectations, technologies and markets are in constant flux, challenging brands to regularly evolve to stand apart from the competition. Marketing leaders must focus on identifying and creating opportunities to differentiate their brand to sustain a competitive edge.
- Review Customer Attitudes and Perceptions With an Unbiased Lens
- Compare Your Brand to the Competition, and Assess Product and Service Alignment
- How to Benchmark Capabilities and Compare Against Competitors
- Assess Whether Your Products and Services Align With Your Brand Promise
- Differentiate While Still Holding True to Your Brand’s Core Values
- Differentiation in Action
- Articulate Your Brand’s Differentiation Internally and Externally
- Define and Align Your Brand Voice
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.