Data preparation tools enable business and IT users to explore, cleanse and transform their raw data and make the data suitable to drive d data and analytics use cases. Data and analytics leaders can learn from the implementation experience of their peers shared on Gartner Peer Insights.
Peer Lessons Learned
- Lesson 1: Identify the Use Cases You Intend to Address With the Tool
- Lesson 2: Choose Your Tool After Thorough Trials and Proofs of Concept
- Lesson 3: Evaluate the Cost and Licensing Options
- Lesson 4: Document the Technical Requirements and Gain Support From Both the Business and IT
- Lesson 5: Prioritize End-User Training and Good Data Governance Post-Implementation
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.