Each interaction with the board or senior leaders affords the chance for enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders to demonstrate they are critical to building technology-enabled business and operating models. Being properly prepared with the right content and messages is essential.
- Learn How to Put Together a Compelling Board Presentation That Supports Decision Making and Shows the Value of EA
- Step No. 1: Get to Know Your Board Members
- Step No. 2: Understand the Board’s Agenda and Your Role
- Step No. 3: Prepare Your Recommendations for the Board
- Step No. 4: Develop a Board-Relevant Presentation
- Step No. 5: Socialize Your Key Messages and Recommendations
- Step No. 6: Communicate Effectively During Board Meetings
- Step No. 7: Collect Meaningful Feedback
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.