Many CIOs are challenged to overcome stakeholders’ perception that they don’t truly understand the business. CIOs should use these strategies to create KPIs and metrics that evolve IT’s perception as a business partner — enabling more-effective decision making toward improved business outcomes.
- Create Metrics That Drive Decision Making
- Look at the Dashboard, and Answer “So What?”
- Make Clear How the Business Benefits From a Value Chain Context and How This Translates Into CIO Success
- Identify and Communicate the Downstream Impact
- Develop Performance Metrics for the Non-IT Business Partner
Gartner Recommended Reading