The 2019 Gartner CIO Survey forecast average global IT budget growth for 2019 at 2.9%. This research, based on recent input from members of the Gartner CIO Research Circle, revises the forecast to 1.5%. We provide guidance on how CIOs can optimize their investments in times of uncertainty.
- IT Budget Growth Expectations for 2019 Dialed Back to 1.5%
- Why IT Budget Growth Can Vary Widely
- Advice for Those Facing Budget Cuts
- Advice for Those With Static or Growing Budgets
- IT Investment Optimization Tactics Vary by Budget Direction
- Advice on How to Execute Cost Optimization Tactics
- Increasing IT Budgets Make CIOs More Likely to Invest in Digital Transformation
- Advice on How to Optimize Returns on Investment in Digital Business
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.