Finance analysts continue to struggle with resolving data ambiguity in support of business decisions. By providing analysts with a universal semantic layer — an autonomous, natural language way to clarify data — finance leaders can ease analysts’ struggles and improve their business decisions.
- Enhance Data Discovery and Unify Data by Reviewing the USL in Practice
- Assess How the USL Impacts, Complements and Leverages Governance and Security
- Champion USL Development by Establishing Business Relevancy and Identifying Analytical Leaders
- Establish Business Relevancy
- Select a Starting Place
- Assess FP&A’s Potential to Lead USL Development
- Select a Project or Initiative
- Establish the Selection and Evaluation Committee
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.