To extract the greatest value from their martech stacks, marketing technology leaders should regularly audit their organization’s current tools; establish a unified sourcing, procurement and vendor management strategy; and focus on maintaining executive sponsorship to secure additional funding.
- Step 1: Audit Your Current Martech Ecosystem and Create a Roadmap for Future Investments
- Proactively Share Insights Across the Organization
- Review Your Martech Ecosystem Regularly and Plan for the Future
- Create a Martech Roadmap
- Step 2: Source, Procure and Manage Your Martech Solutions
- Source Effectively
- Procure Responsibly
- Manage Strategically
- Step 3: Secure and Maintain Executive Support for Regular Martech Overhauls and Upgrades
- Evangelize Martech’s Worth to Executives and Stakeholders
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.