This Hype Cycle will help application leaders supporting sales to assess the relative maturity and business impact of sales technologies. Those technologies that are mature have become must-have costs of doing business, while those that are emerging are a source of competitive advantage.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Blockchain for Lead Generation
- Partner Data Exchange Platforms
- IoT for CRM Sales
- Knowledge Graphs for Sales
- Conversational Engagement Analytics for Sales
- Algorithmic Guided Selling
- Sales Engagement Platforms
- At the Peak
- Digital Adoption Solutions
- Virtual Digital Sales Assistant
- BI Search/Natural Language Query
- Relationship Intelligence
- Voice-Driven Sales Apps
- Embedded Analytics
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Customer Success Management
- Quota Planning and Optimization
- Voice of the Customer
- Strategic Account Management
- Account-Based Marketing Platforms
- Predictive Sales Forecasting
- Integrated Planning
- Mobile Sales Productivity
- Sales Training and Coaching Solutions
- Sales Acceleration
- Recurring Revenue Management
- Climbing the Slope
- Visual Configuration
- Sales Performance Management
- MDM of Customer Data
- Territory Planning and Optimization
- Price Optimization and Management for B2B
- Entering the Plateau
- Partner Relationship Management (PRM)
- Sales Contract Management
- Data Intelligence Solutions for Sales
- CPQ Application Suites
- Digital Content Management for Sales
- Lead Management
- Sales KPI Analytics
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.