The Hype Cycle for IT in GCC presents a snapshot of technologies and services that CIOs should consider. The technologies and services included have direct impact on revenue generation, cost optimization, efficiency and/or quality improvement opportunities.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Artificial General Intelligence
- Transactive Energy
- At the Peak
- Digital Government Technology Platforms
- Smart Robots
- Smart Workspace
- Smart Contracts
- Digital Twin
- Drone Countermeasures
- Energy Water Nexus
- Public Cloud Computing in GCC
- Customer Data Platforms
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Advanced Video/Image Analytics
- IT Service Catalog
- Robotic Process Automation Software
- Smart City Framework — GCC
- Threat Intelligence Platforms
- Internet of Things in Oil and Gas
- Internet of Things
- Network Traffic Analysis
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Commercial UAVs (Drones)
- Data Lakes
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Digital Wallet
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- IT/OT Alignment
- Climbing the Slope
- Private Cloud Computing
- Application Performance Monitoring Suites
- DDoS Defense
- IT Infrastructure Monitoring
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.