Cloud computing has brought an explosion of application resourcing options, including the ability to tap into a global IT talent pool through crowdsourcing. Tech CEOs can engage “the crowd” to tap into the benefits of this alternative resourcing model if they understand its inherent challenges.
- Crowdsourcing Is Not a New Concept, but Acceptance and Usage Have Been Slow for IT Delivery
- Tapping Into the Collective Offers an Agile, Low-Cost Sourcing Option
- Organizations Can Apply Crowdsourcing to Solve Development or Other Innovation Challenges
- Use Crowdsourcing to Address Three Major IT Sourcing Challenges
- Choose the Optimal Crowdsourcing Model to Fit Your Business Needs
- Use Task-Based Crowdsourcing for Smaller Jobs
- Mitigate the Potential Risks of Crowdsourcing
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.