Digital business has such scope that it can be hard to get the big picture of what needs to be tackled. This report offers a collection of Gartner frameworks to help functional leaders in the major areas of their digital journey — customers, strategy, people/culture, operating models and technology.
- How to Use This Report
- Start With the Customer/Citizen and Expand the Digital Journey From There
- Determine Your Digital Journey’s Scope and Ambition
- Determine Which Business Models Styles to Pursue
- Use Industry Visions to Project What Business Models Will Dominate Each Industry
- Set a Roadmap for the Digital Journey
- Develop KPIs to Make the Goals of the Digital Journey Tangible
- People, Organization, Leadership and Culture
- Determine What Actions to Take With Organization, Team and Employee Changes Throughout the Digital Journey
- Lead the Change by Pursuing Different Leadership Tactics as the Digital Journey Progresses
- Use Culture Hacks to Nudge and Jump-Start the Organization to Move Forward Throughout All Phases of Your Digital Journey
- Operating Models
- Determine and Design How the Enterprise Operating Model Will Evolve With Digital Business
- Determine and Design How the Information and Technology Operating Model Will Evolve With Digital Business
- Design a Digital Business Technology Platform
- Evolve Your Technology Landscape in Steps to Build Out a Digital Technology Platform
- Make Integration a Foundational Part of the Technology Evolution in Becoming a Digital Business
- What Are Other Enterprises Doing?
- Observing and Learning From Other Enterprises and Industry Trends Helps Guide Your Digital Journey
- Assess Your Digital Business Maturity
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.