Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders see the potential for a very wide range of technologies to impact future business performance, and report that a number of technologies have already delivered significant value.
- Establish a Strong AI/ML Capability Because Your Peers Are Adopting It and Only 8% of Respondents Expected This Technology to Have Little or No Impact
- Focus on the Potential for Virtual and Mixed Reality to Create Innovative Products and Services, and Enable Digital Business Innovation
- Establish Innovation Labs and Industrial or Academic Partnerships to Explore the Potential of Non-IT Technologies Such as Biotechnology and Drones
- Other Conclusions and Observations
- Identify Technologies That Peers Have Successfully Adopted to Ensure You’re Not Missing Opportunities; Remember, Successful Innovation Team Projects Don’t Guarantee Enterprise Adoption
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.