In 2019, CEOs continue to rank risk management as one of their top business priorities. Security and risk management leaders must rise to the challenge by equipping senior executives and board members with practical risk management tools and advice highlighted in this year’s report.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Chaos Engineering
- Blockchain for Data Security
- Digital Risk Management
- At the Peak
- Digital Ethics
- IoT Security
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Data Classification
- File Analysis
- Integrated Risk Management
- Security Rating Services
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Data and Analytics Governance
- Design Thinking
- Privacy by Design
- Unified Endpoint Management
- Bimodal IT Operations
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- IT Vendor Risk Management
- Privacy Management Tools
- End-to-End Supply Chain Risk Management
- Operational Technology Security
- Climbing the Slope
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- E-Discovery Software
- Predictive Analytics
- Hazard Risk Analysis and Communications Services
- Business Continuity Management Program Solutions
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
- Corporate Compliance and Oversight
- Enterprise Legal Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.