CIOs must determine where they can optimize costs throughout and following the divestment process to make sure that transactions achieve goals. This note addresses how CIOs can ensure IT is duly considered and addressed, enabling continued business operations and the realization of divestment goals.
- Understand the Divestment in Detail
- Determine the IT Impact and Implications of the Divestment
- Optimize Resupply
- Optimize Disposal
- Establish Transition Services Agreement
- Optimize Remaining Cost Base
- What Cost Optimization Opportunities Does the Divestment Enable?
- Reductions and Eliminations
- Optimize the New Cost Base
- Digital Business Enablement
- Nine Common Cost Optimization Challenges in Divestments
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.