Published: 25 July 2019
The device market will reach 2.13 billion units by 2023, shrinking at a 0.9% CAGR. In the short term, the professional PC market will see an uptick driven by upgrades to Windows 10, while mobile phone growth will slow as consumers extend lifetimes due to inadequate value of current new technology.
Included in Full Research
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Impacts
- Notable Changes
- Influencing Factor: Phone Lifetimes
- Forecast Assumption: Through 2023, the lifetime of premium phones will increase, on average, from 2.6 years to nearly 2.9 years.
- Influencing Factor: Phone Technology Roadmaps
- Forecast Assumption: The share of 5G-capable phones will reach 51% by 2023.
- Influencing Factor: Replacements of PCs
- Forecast Assumption: Seventy-five percent of the business-installed base will have migrated to Windows 10 by the beginning of 2021.