User experience is core to the value of voice-enabled virtual assistants. Product managers developing VEVAs should focus on a user experience customized to target audiences to increase user engagement.
Background and Context
- VEVA Providers Are Overly Focused on Function, Not UX for Target Users
- Customize UX for Target Users to Gain User Engagement
- Phase 1 — Identify Target Users
- Phase 2 — Develop User Scenarios
- Phase 3 — Build the Architecture of the User Scenario
- Phase 4 — Define Usability and Quality
- Phase 5 — Optimize the ASR/NLP Model
- Phase 6 — Test and Validate the UX With Targeted Users
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.