Application ecosystems can significantly improve a solution’s time to value, innovation, product capabilities and revenue. Product managers should treat the ecosystem as a product, not as a feature, and market its value to both customers and partners in order to ensure its adoption.
- Technology Description
- Technology Impact
- A Compelling Business Model to Increase Reach, Revenue and Retention
- An Application Ecosystem Does Not Become a Feature of the Product — the Product Becomes a Feature of the Ecosystem
- Providing an Ecosystem Is Like Creating an Additional Product
- Technology Adoption
- Customers Gain Completeness, Innovation, Choice and Validation
- Partners Become Customers to Attract and Retain in the Ecosystem
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.