Application leaders modernizing an organization’s sourcing and procurement practices should use this Hype Cycle to understand the maturity and benefits of a wide range of available technologies. This information will help them justify and prioritize operational and strategic solution investments.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off The Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Autonomous Procurement
- Category Management Solutions
- Cognitive Sourcing
- Blockchain for Procurement
- Conversational Platforms in Sourcing and Procurement
- B2B Network Intelligence
- Source-to-Settle Embedded Analytics
- At the Peak
- Freelancer Management Systems
- Service Governance Solutions
- Supplier Risk Monitoring
- Smart Contracts
- Advanced Contract Analytics
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Multienterprise Grid Functionality
- RPA in Procurement
- SOW Services Management Solutions
- Procurement Savings Management Solutions
- Dynamic Discounting Solutions
- Mobile Procurement Applications
- Climbing the Slope
- Supplier Information Management
- Source-to-Settle Solutions
- Procure-to-Pay Suites
- Contract Life Cycle Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.