Internet-connected things and ambient artificial intelligence are gaining the ability to act on behalf of human customers. Application leaders supporting customer experience can use this research to shape strategic planning on the customer of the future in a digital society.
- Understanding Thing Customers
- Understanding Thing Customers Will Enable the Design and Delivery of New Experiences
- Things Will Require a Positive CX If You Want Them to Be Ongoing Customers
- Crafting Thing Experiences
- Designing a Three-Pane Persona for Your Thing Customer
- Utilizing a Modified Customer Journey Mapping Template
- Selecting CX Metrics That Align With the Type of Experience You Want to Provide Thing Customers
- Creating a Culture of Thing-Centricity
- 1. Impact of Things on Culture
- 2. Shifting From a Culture of Customer-Centricity to Include Thing-Centricity
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.