Published: 07 October 2019
The pace of change in IT has been radically accelerated by cloud computing, along with industry-specific competitive pressures. This Planning Guide highlights key areas that I&O technical professionals must focus on in 2020 to modernize operations across on-premises, cloud, and edge environments.
Included in Full Research
- Pervasive Hybrid IT — In On-Premises Data Centers, Colocation, in Multiple Public Clouds and at the Edge — Will Require Rebuilding IT Operations Processes and Procedures
- As IT Agility Increases, Scaling Demands Will Force Organizations to Begin Making Deliberate Investments in Overall Automation and AIOps Strategies
- Increasing Expectations for IT Agility — Largely Driven by Public Cloud Computing — Will Require Modernizing On-Premises Compute, Storage and Networking Assets
- Demand for Container-Centric and Serverless Capabilities Outside of Public Cloud Providers Will Necessitate Building and Managing Radically New Application Platforms
- Emerging Edge and IoT Use Cases Will Drive Organizational Data and Compute Capabilities Closer to End Users/Devices Than Ever Before