The PaaS market is growing solidly as end users turn to cloud platforms for increasingly strategic business initiatives. Platform innovation trends follow the business priority shift to the disruption of agility.
- By 2023, the PaaS Market Will Double in Size
- Each Platform Capability Has Its Competitive Specialized PaaS Offerings
- Buyer Trend
- Technology Practices Shift From Central IT to a Business-IT Alliance
- Technology Trend
- Distributed Hybrid Computing Is the New Customer Reality for Cloud Platforms
- Platform Technology Moves From Adopting Old Architecture to Cloud-Native Design
- IoT Drives a New Wave of Innovation
Vendors to Watch
- Beyond Megavendors — Customers Mix and Match the Best-Fit PaaS Offerings
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.