To address the pervasive integration challenges stemming from digitalization, application leaders should incrementally implement a hybrid integration platform that not only supports hybrid deployment models, but also proliferating endpoints, multiplying integration domains and diversifying personas.
- Address All Four Dimensions of the HIP When Designing Your Integration Platform Strategy
- Collect Your (Over and Covert) Requirements
- Define the HIP Capability Framework Subset That Best Meets Your Needs and Map Them to Your Established Integration Technology Portfolio
- Select the Combination of Integration Technologies That Best Meets Your HIP Requirements
- A Single Vendor HIP Strategy May Not Be the Optimal Approach
- Plan for a Stepwise Implementation of Your Target HIP, According to Business Priorities, Available Skills and Allocated Budget
- Initially Deploy Just a Subset of Your Target HIP
- How “Consistent” Should Your HIP Be?
Gartner Recommended Reading