Private workloads continue to be critical for most organizations, and I&O technical professionals must modernize private infrastructure in parallel with public cloud adoption. The key is to decide how much and what type of “private cloud” is enough.
- What Is Private Cloud?
- Alternative Hosting and Management Models for Infrastructure
- Technology Approaches for the Control Plane
- Hyperconverged and Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Virtualization Automation
- Continuous Infrastructure Automation
- IaaS Orchestrators
- Container Orchestrators
- CaaS Solutions
- Private PaaS Platforms
- Define Infrastructure and Control Plane Responsibility
- Choose the Simplest Combination of Approaches That Meets Your Needs
- Clearly Define the Modernization Outcome to the Business
- Plan for Changes in Internal I&O Team Structure and Skills
Gartner Recommended Reading