Published: 21 January 2020
Smart wearables venture capital investments exceeded $6 billion from 2017 through 2019, but they plunged in 2019. Product managers examining smart wearables innovations for product roadmap impact should focus on consumer wearables and digital health solutions.
Included in Full Research
- Basic Technology Description
- Overall Summary of Data and Findings
- Sector Investment Trends
- Primary Findings: Investment Focus Is Shifting From Consumer Wearables to Healthcare Wearables and Solutions
- Near-Term Impact: Target Healthcare Opportunities in the Next Two Years, but Plan for Other Enterprise Wearables
- Investment Trends by Stage
- Primary Findings: Smart Wearables Investments Are Focused on Later and Early Stage VC
- Near-Term Impact: Evaluating Innovation From Startups to Support Future Products
- Investment Trends by Geography
- Primary Findings: Innovation in Smart Wearables Is Led by Investments in the U.S.
- Near-Term Impact: Partner With Startups to Deliver Localized Solutions