Deciding when to make investments in tools, and selecting the right ones, for the SOC is challenging for many organizations. Security and risk management leaders responsible for security operations should use this research to aid in making pragmatic decisions.
- Tip No. 1: Prepare the SOC Team and Relevant Stakeholders for a Process-Driven Evaluation With a Premortem Analysis
- Tip No. 2: Align the Tool Selection Process According to the Target Operating Model and Goals of the SOC
- Tools for a New SOC, or Converting From an Outsourced to Insourced Situation
- Tools for a Maturing SOC
- Tip No. 3: Make Technology Investments That Will Provide the Best Results Against New Threat Vectors, Address the Biggest Blind Spots and Enhance Areas of the SOC With Operational Challenges
- Tip No. 4: Be Flexible in Case of Organizational and Business Changes
Gartner Recommended Reading