Digital business exacerbates the need for critical skills and competencies. A reimagined form of apprenticeships can groom existing employees, but CIOs will need to build a program tailored to I&T needs that unleashes the abilities of all employees of the organization.
- Implement the Building Blocks So That All Participants Benefit, Regardless of Tenure
- Accompanying Study Deepens Learning and Understanding
- One-to-Many Relationships Broaden the Learning Required for Digital Business
- Business Unit Work Ensures That the Work Is Value Added
- Focus on the Skills and Competencies That Matter
- Make Sure That You Have These Critical Success Factors in Place
- Attract Employees With a Desire to Learn
- Start Small and Grow Organically
- Integrate Throughout the Enterprise
- Build in Enough Time So That True Learning Occurs
- Recognize All Participants
- Dedicate Resources for Program Management
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.