Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders must create roadmaps that communicate strategy and inform better IT and business decisions. The roadmaps must have the right granularity and planning horizon, and must connect strategy with implementation to ensure desired outcomes.
- Create Roadmaps Focused on Decision-Making Needs and Styles to Aid Stakeholders in Visualizing Future Business Outcomes
- Integrate Change Efforts and Implement Strategy
- Review and Update Roadmaps on a Calendar Cycle and in Response to the Ecosystems, Business and Technology-Critical Disruptions
- Reflect Market Opportunities and Business Strategies
- Expose Additional Influencing Factors
- Marketing Makes the Difference
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.