Supply chain leaders in the life science industry and healthcare value chain can use this assessment of the global regulatory momentum to fully comprehend the requirements and modes of execution for product authentication and/or verification with serialization.
- Definitions of Counterfeit and Fake Medicines or Products
- The Business and Regulatory Need for Product Authentication and Verification With Serialization Models
- Data and Coding Building Blocks That Shape Global Regulations
- Batch Coding
- Serialization (and Serial Numbers)
- Product Authentication and/or Verification (With Serialization)
- Track and Trace (With Serialization)
- Regulatory Outlook
- Product Authentication and/or Verification With Serialization Regulation Origins
- Decision Making and Challenges for Deployments of Product Authentication and/or Verification With Serialization as Part of Compliance Mandates
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.