Organizations are looking for rapid time-to-value solutions to business problems and variable payment tied to business outcomes. Technology and service providers must exploit managed service offerings that incorporate an asset-based solution augmented by end-to-end services.
- Services Are Increasing in Their Asset Intensity
- Asset-Based Managed Services Deliver Rapid Time to Value
- Processes That Have Not Been Digitized Offer Emerging Asset-Based Managed Service Opportunities
- Asset-Based Managed Services Offer Multiple Benefits to Clients
- Asset-Based Managed Services Offer Revenue, Leverage and Increased Customer Retention Benefits to Service Providers
- Asset-Based Managed Services Present Challenges to Service Providers
- What Does It Take to Be Successful?
Vendors to Watch
- Hitachi Vantara
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.