Many organizations are exploring open source to understand its business value, but they may lack the right methods and tools to tactically implement an open-source strategy and reap the full rewards. Peer Connect members present their views on the implementation of an open-source strategy.
- Identify the Need for an Open-Source Strategy
- Ensure Your Organization Is Positive About Open Source and Get Stakeholder Buy-In
- Instill a Companywide Understanding of Open Source to Increase End-User Adoption
- Reviewing Open Source’s Licensing Terms — Why It Is Important
- Using OSS —Advantages and Risks
- Advantages of Selecting OSS Over COTS Software
- Risks Associated With Using OSS
- Key Take-Aways
- About Peer Connect Content
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.