Access management is a critical capability for organizations. Security and risk management technical professionals deploying access management need to develop a roadmap by making decisions on project scope, deployment architecture and security to support new users, applications and cloud adoption.
Solution Path Diagram
- Step 1: Review Objectives for AM as Part of Overall IAM Program
- Identity Federation
- Agent- and Proxy-Based Web Access Management
- Step 2: Identify Users and Requirements, Assess Capabilities and Perform Gap Analysis
- Step 3: Select a Deployment Architecture
- Step 4: Determine Access Control Requirements
- Step 5: Assess Other Requirements:
- Step 5.1: Microsoft Office 365, IaaS
- Step 5.2: API and Mobile Access
- Step 6: Refine the Deployment Architecture as Needed
- Step 7: Determine Required Features and Vendor Shortlists
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.