Manufacturing execution systems are foundational to smart factories and digital manufacturing. MES is a global market with offerings that differ across use cases and industry focus. This research helps supply chain technology leaders match their technology needs with the capabilities in the market.
What You Need to Know
- Critical Capabilities Use-Case Graphics
- AspenTech (aspenONE MES)
- AVEVA (AVEVA Manufacturing Execution System)
- Critical Manufacturing (Critical Manufacturing)
- Dassault Systèmes (DELMIA Apriso)
- Dassault Systèmes (DELMIAWORKS)
- Emerson (Syncade)
- FORCAM (FORCAM FORCE)
- GE Digital (Plant Applications)
- Honeywell (Honeywell Connected Plant)
- iTAC Software (iTAC.MES.Suite)
- Lighthouse Systems (Shopfloor-Online)
- MPDV (HYDRA)
- Oracle (Oracle Manufacturing Cloud)
- Parsec (TrakSYS)
- Plex Systems (Plex Manufacturing Cloud)
- Rockwell Automation (FactoryTalk ProductionCentre)
- SAP (SAP ME)
- Sepasoft (Sepasoft MES)
- Siemens Digital Industries Software (Opcenter Execution)
- Werum IT Solutions (PAS-X)
- Product/Service Class Definition
- Critical Capabilities Definition
- Production Execution
- Configurable Workflow
- In-Process Quality Management
- Data Management/Data Collection
- Regulatory Compliance/Track & Trace
- Product Suite Extensions (MOM)
- Production Equipment Integration
- ERP/SCM Integration
- PLM/PDM Integration
- Architectural Maturity
- User Experience/User Interface
- Implementation Process
- Ease of System Upgrade
- Use Cases
- Continuous Process — Make to Stock
- Continuous Process — Make to Order
- Batch/Repetitive Flow — Make to Stock
- Batch/Repetitive Flow — Make to Order
- Batch/Repetitive Flow — Engineer to Order
- Complex Discrete — Make to Order
- Complex Discrete — Engineer to Order
- Vendors Added and Dropped
- Critical Capabilities Rating
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.