Communicating the EA value proposition and retaining support from leadership teams is a challenge. To gain stakeholder engagement in the value proposition of EA, enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders can use a three-act structure of storytelling.
- Use a Simple Three-Act Storytelling Structure to Increase Your Persuasion Power
- Act 1: Establish a Setting — Match a Future Vision to Opportunities
- Act 2: Introduce Tension — Make the Consumer of EA Advice the Hero of the Story
- Act 3: Establish a New Normal — Help Heroes Visualize the Path to the Future
- Relieve Stressors and Challenges With a Three-Act Story
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.