Conversational UI adoption is expanding, especially in services, finance and manufacturing, while other verticals still seek justifiable use cases. Tech CEOs must look beyond basic chatbot use and cater to the compelling use cases that push prospects past their buying objections.
- Basic Technology Description
- Overall Summary of Data and Findings
- Industry Adoption Trends
- Primary Findings: CUIs Are Widely Adopted in Services and Expanding in Media and Communications
- Near-Term Impact: Adopt More Advanced NLP Frameworks
- Company Size Adoption Trends
- Primary Findings: XX-Large Companies Are Leading CUI Adoption
- Near-Term Impact: Add Voice to the CUI Product Roadmap
- Adoption Trends by Respondent Role
- Primary Findings: Nearly 50% of Interest in CUI Is Coming From Business and Senior Executives
- Near-Term Impact: Target Business Leaders Personas
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.