EMM is a critical part of EIM delivery — the former a key enabler for validating data used in decision making, analytics, compliance and even data monetization across silos. To drive EIM effectively, data and analytics leaders should implement EMM using Gartner’s data and analytics operating model.
- Identify the Capabilities and Deficits That are Critical to the Success of Your EIM Program by Linking it to the EMM Key Practices
- Define Your EMM Program Scope Based on Mission-Critical Business Priorities
- Extend Governance to Incorporate EMM For Your Business-Critical Information
- Start Small When Evolving Legacy Metadata Processes and Practices to EMM
- Obtain Sponsorship and Identify Roles to Drive Expansion of EMM Programs
- Establish a Unified Approach When Investing in Technologies That Enable Effective EMM
- Use Business Metrics to Measure and Publish EMM Success
- Apply Gartner’s Data and Analytics Operating Model to Evolve Your EMM Maturity
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.