The pervasive sharing of protected health information is inevitable and must be balanced against the individual’s right to privacy and desire for control. To prepare, healthcare provider CIOs must understand industry privacy and consent drivers, challenges and the state of the art.
- Granular Consent Management Is a Necessity
- Build a Case for Granular Consent by Becoming Familiar With the Drivers for Consumer Privacy and Preference Management
- Begin Your Granular Consent Preparation by Assessing Enterprise Privacy and Consent Management Practices
- Use Consumer-Mediated Health Information Exchanges to Satisfy Some of Your Patient Consent Management Requirements
- Engage Stakeholders in Emerging Granular Patient Consent Management
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.