Silos created by discrete infrastructures limit opportunities to reuse computing, networking and storage resources, making cost standardization and business value delivery more difficult. I&O leaders looking to drive innovation by leveraging ILD should shift from project silos to reusable services.
- Develop an Integrated Systems Strategy to Reuse Infrastructure Components
- Standardize Infrastructure Through Retirement, Rationalization and Relocation
- Retire Low-Value, Low-Complexity Infrastructure, When Possible
- Replace Infrastructure for High-Value, High-Complexity Workloads
- Rationalize Low-Value, High-Complexity Workloads
- Pilot New Workloads and Applications on Simple IT Infrastructures
- Drive ILD by Piloting Cloud Technologies for New Applications
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.