APM software are used to monitor the performance of business applications for front-end monitoring, application discovery, tracing and diagnostics, and analytics for IT operations. I&O leaders can learn from their peers’ implementation experience shared on Gartner Peer Insights.
Peer Lessons Learned
- Lesson 1: Ensure Clarity on Your APM Requirements and Adopt It Early in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Lesson 2: Scrutinize Multiple Vendors by Conducting POCs; Test the APM Offering Thoroughly Before Purchase
- Lesson 3: Build a Comprehensive Implementation Strategy and Dedicate Time to Implementation
- Lesson 4: Involve Internal Resources to Ensure Hassle-Free Implementation and Improve End-User Adoption
- Lesson 5: Organize Team Training
- Document Revision History
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.