Business models are changing, and the growth in IoT devices creates a new marketplace for innovation and opportunity. Tech CEOs can benefit from the open, flexible nature of RISC-V, making custom processors more practical to differentiate products.
- Technology Description
- Technology Impact
- RISC-V Stimulates a Broad Range of Collaboration Across the Semiconductor Industry, Lowering of the Barrier to Entry for Custom Processors
- RISC-V Offers Better Portability and Flexibility for IoT Processors Requiring High-Level Customizations
- RISC-V Helps IoT Processors Adopt Multicore More Cost-Effectively
- Technology Adoption
- Semiconductor Vendors Are Investing in RISC-V and Streamlining Design Resources to Drive Chip Innovation and Market Adoption
- Cloud Service Providers and Leading OEMs Will Leverage RISC-V to Add Product and Service Value
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.