Cloud computing remains uniquely susceptible to the confusion and hype that surrounds it. We look back at and update the top myths that CIOs should look out for.
Revisiting the Top 10 Cloud Myths for 2020
- Key Findings
- Myth 1: Cloud Is Always About Money
- Myth 2: You Have to Be Cloud to Be Good
- Myth 3: Cloud Should Be Used for Everything
- Myth 4: “The CEO Said So” Is a Cloud Strategy
- Myth 5: We Need
Cloud Strategy or Vendor
- Myths 6 Through 10 Are Different From Before
- Myth 6: Cloud Is
Secure Than On-Premises Capabilities
- Myth 7: Multicloud Will Prevent Lock-In
- Myth 8: Once I Have Moved to the Cloud I Am Done
- Myth 9: Enterprises Are Moving Back From Public Cloud
- Myth 10: We Have a Cloud (Implementation/Adoption/Migration) Strategy
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.