Marketing-led campaigns can prove insufficient or ineffective in reaching all potential buyers. Product marketers should use outbound sales development representatives to cost-effectively supplement demand generation and underpin account-based marketing campaigns.
- All Marketing Channels Don’t Effectively Engage Target Buyers
- Use Outbound SDRs to Complement Traditional Demand Generation Programs
- Outsourcing the Entire SDR Function Rarely Works, Especially in North America
- Hire Outbound SDRs as an Internal Function
- “Dumb” Prospecting Still Plagues SDR Teams
- Improve Outbound SDR Effectiveness With Better Segmentation and Use of Data and Sales Acceleration Tools
- Do Not Skimp on SDR Training
- Focus on Training and Enablement to Retain SDRs and Maximize Effectiveness
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2021 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.