Demand for cloud consulting and implementation services will hit its peak over the next five years. As more organizations transition to digital business transformation initiatives, cloud will become the “go-to” enabler of these efforts — not the focus of the project.
- Forecast Assumptions
- Market Impacts
- Notable Changes
Forecast Data Summary
Forecast Model Summary
Influencing Factors and Assumptions
- Influencing Factor: Strategic Digital Technology Transformation
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, more than 75% of large organizations will have used external consultants to develop their cloud strategy, up from 40% in 2019.
- Influencing Factor: Legacy Applications and Infrastructure
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 85% of large organizations will have engaged external service providers to migrate applications to the cloud, up from 43% in 2019.
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 55% to 60% of organizations will use external service providers to establish a net new cloud environment.
- Forecast Assumption: 85% of organizations will use external service providers to migrate data/storage to the cloud by 2025.
- Forecast Assumption: By 2025, 80% of organizations will use external service providers to move an application/compute infrastructure from one environment to a different cloud environment.
Appendix: Baseline Assumptions by Macroregion and Size of Company
Gartner Recommended Reading
- Cloud Consulting Services
- Cloud Implementation Services