Infrastructure as code powers the DevOps toolchain, but I&O technical professionals struggle with tool sprawl. As multicloud becomes pervasive, Terraform provides a common syntax and platform to manage cloud and software-defined infrastructure. This research assesses Terraform’s capabilities.
- It Takes More Than Provisioning
- Transforming Infrastructure Into Code
- The Normalization of Multicloud
- What Is Terraform?
- Terraform Packaging and Distribution
- Terraform Open Source
- Terraform Cloud
- Terraform Provisioning Workflow
- Use Cases
- Example Configuration
- More on Terraform Provisioners
Gartner Recommended Reading