Analytics and business intelligence platforms are an essential part of a flexible, end-to-end architecture for integrating and analyzing diverse data sources. This research helps data and analytics technical professionals take advantage of the capabilities of modern analytics and BI platforms.
- Modern Analytics and BI
- Traditional Enterprise Reporting Platforms
- Augmented Analytics
- Deploying Multiple Analytics and BI Platforms Is a Norm
- Key Capabilities of Analytics and BI
- Support for Diverse Data Sources
- IT-Enabled Data Models, Data Ingestion and Preparation
- Self-Service Content Authoring
- Free-Form, Dynamic Analytics
- Multichannel Collaboration
- Flexible Governance, Administration and Operations
- Embedded Analytics
- Modern BI and the Broader Analytics and AI Architecture
- Architect for a Portfolio of Intelligence and Analytics Systems
- Implement Collaborative Platforms for Building and Trading Analytics Outputs
- Consolidate When Possible, and Support Diversity When Necessary
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.