Projects and programs do not succeed without stakeholder support and one-size-fits-all communications designed to inform and engage often fail. PPM leaders should use these proven techniques to identify key stakeholders and analyze their needs in order to tailor interactions for successful change.
- Take a Team Approach to Completing a Stakeholder Analysis
- Identify People Who Will Be Affected by the Initiative and Those Who Can Influence Success
- Who Must Participate So We Can Reach This Project Objective or Milestone?
- Which Types of Changes Are Involved?
- Determine the Information and Motivation Needs of Each Group
- Summarize the Findings for Use in Your Change Management Communications Plan
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.