Chief nursing information officers and chief medical informatics officers drive clinical engagement and change management for scaling and sustaining digital clinical transformation. CIOs should leverage these best practices to support and advance their roles across health delivery organizations.
- Clinical Informatics Leadership Is the Key to EHR Benefit Realization
- Align Clinical Informatics Leadership Accountability With Digital Clinical Transformation
- CNIO and CMIO Skills and Competencies
- Impact of Digital Transformation on the Clinical Workforce
- Build an Effective Clinical Informatics Leadership Team
- Clinical Informatics Leadership Roles
- Review Your Operating Model to Support and Enable Clinical Informatics
- Decision Rights
- Organizational Structures
- Ways of Working
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.