RPA is a software tool for building scripts to integrate applications via user interface and a control panel to automate repetitive, rule-based tasks. Enterprise architecture and technology innovation leaders can learn from their peers’ implementation experience shared on Gartner Peer Insights.
Peer Lessons Learned
- Lesson 1: Identify Your Organization’s Needs and Adopt RPA Early On
- Lesson 2: Assess and Structure Internal Processes Before Moving to Vendor Selection; Automate Simpler Processes First
- Lesson 3: Evaluate Different RPA Software by Conducting POCs; Request for Vendor Support Since the Beginning
- Lesson 4: Build a Team of Expert Developers From the IT Department and Get Stakeholder Buy-In Before Implementation
- Lesson 5: Create an Effective Implementation Plan and Hire an Experienced Implementation Partner
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.