SWGs are dedicated cloud services or devices for application/web security that protect organizations from online security threats by enforcing company policies and filtering internet-bound traffic. SRM leaders can learn from their peers’ implementation experience shared on Gartner Peer Insights.
Peer Lessons Learned
- Lesson 1: Recognize Your Business’ Security Needs to Find a Suitable Vendor and Ensure Smooth Implementation
- Lesson 2: Scrutinize SWGs Against Their Capabilities and Your Business Needs; Ensure the Right Level of Vendor Support
- Lesson 3: Test the SWG Thoroughly Before Purchasing It
- Lesson 4: Train Your Team and Set Up Security Policies Before Implementation
- Lesson 5: Start Small and Develop a Robust Implementation Plan; Create a Well-Defined URL Whitelist
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.