As customer fulfillment matures from Stage 2 to Stage 3, metrics must also change to support an integrated, cross-functional approach. Supply chain leaders responsible for customer fulfillment need to use metrics that support integration and customer centricity.
- Integrate Metrics Used Along the Order-to-Cash Process
- Drive Productivity by Moving From Order-per-FTE to Order-to-Cash Cycle Time Metrics
- Drive Efficiency by Moving From Percentage EDI Orders to Percentage No-Touch Orders Metrics
- Integrate Metrics Used Across Different Functions
- Drive Price Accuracy by Moving From Deductions to Customer Price File Accuracy Metrics
- Drive Delivery by Moving From On-Time Shipment to On-Time Delivery Metrics
- Integrate Metrics Used Between Your Organization and Customers
- Drive Service by Moving From Internal Case Fill to Customer Fill Rate Metrics
- Drive Customer Experience by Moving From Order Error Rate to Net Promoter Score
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.