The financial benefits associated with gender-diverse teams have been documented for years, yet progress toward gender equality has stagnated at almost all levels of supply chain leadership. Supply chain leaders can leverage a three-part approach to bridge the gender gap across their organization.
- Set Formal Goals to Improve Gender Equality in Supply Chain
- Introduce or Enhance Pull-In Initiatives
- Create Inclusive Job Descriptions to Enhance Recruitment
- Restructure the Interview Process Demonstrate Inclusivity
- Improve the Likelihood of Female Promotions With Integrated Pipeline Planning
- Mentorship Matters
- Create Visibility Around Existing High-Performance Women Leaders
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.